Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are computer games a good method for learning children?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NeonSun

NeonSun

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

Anyone tried them? What do you think about such method? It seems that they're used in really many families now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

I think the toy indistry has made leaps and bounds to achieve a huge niche for the single use devices.  Math and spelling can go a long way in starting kids before the age of four.  I'm not talking about phones either, too expensive to get tossed on the floor.  Many toys are built to take that abuse as they build for kids.  Not computer games or game consoles, too much content can be accessed by accident.

Edited by mjd420nova, 27 February 2018 - 01:15 PM.

#3 JetStar

JetStar

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:23 AM

Anyone tried them? What do you think about such method? It seems that they're used in really many families now.

Using various educational games for learning is really a very popular trend now. Special teaching games were always considered as one of the most effective methods for learning smth, especially in case of children, and modern virtual ones combine learning a specific subject and gaining useful computer skills which are necessary in our modern society starting from early age. Besides in this case a game becomes even more attractive for a child because children adore gadgets so much :)
There are so many of them for learning math like Numberlys, alphabet like Zebrainy ABC Wonderlands https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1165324239?mt=8 , ABCya! and so on, considering general quality of such games I can say that they're a very effective method for learning various subjects, especially if they're combined with other live ones (no game can replace totally other methods for a really good child's development). They're also helpful for improving motor skills, focus, memory, self-esteem and creativity. Some of them are nice for developing social skills too because it's possible to play them together with your friends and parents.
But in my opinion even such educational gaming should be always controlled by parents because getting an addiction to gadgets in such early age isn't a good thing at all. Besides as I mentioned above with using only games a child won't be enough prepared for school rhytm of learning and correcting this in older age sometimes can be not an easy thing at all.

#4 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:12 AM

Teaching children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users