Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chinese Simplified Interpretation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 donchen84

donchen84

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

I need a chinese simplified interpretation of the manuel for my Lacies d2 Extreme 300 GB FireWire 400 (1394a) Hard Drive which can be found herehttp://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10823 This is the english version. Please list down how I can get the interpretation so I can ask a friend to help me who has a little more experienced with formatting a hard drives.

Edited by donchen84, 03 October 2006 - 08:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:47 AM

Went to that site and selected country--"China" I don't know what it says but here is the link:
http://www.lacie.com/cn/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:10 AM

To get the drive recognized:

Please try the following:

# Disconnect all cables connected to the drive.
# Connect the power cable to the drive.
# Connect the USB-cable. First to the drive. Then to the computer.

If the drive is detected correctly the problem was probably caused by improper shutdown or un-mount (unplugging the cable without dismounting first, etc.). When this has happened, the USB-interface needs to reset itself properly. After this, reconnection should be no problem.

If it's still not recognized, go to Start...Run...and type in "diskmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Find the drive in the window that opens and let us know what it says about the drive. In most cases this problem is that there's another drive with the same letter - and you'll have to change one of the drive letters to let the drive become visible.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:13 AM

donchen84: what is it exactly are you asking? You have a copy of the manual in English, and you are looking for a copy of that manual written in simplified Chinese to facilitate installation of the HD?? MGBY.

Edited by MGBY, 03 October 2006 - 06:14 AM.

#5 donchen84

donchen84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

donchen84: what is it exactly are you asking? You have a copy of the manual in English, and you are looking for a copy of that manual written in simplified Chinese to facilitate installation of the HD?? MGBY.

Donchen84: A copy written in chinese simplified so I can ask a friend who knows only chinese for some help who understands a little more about formatting hard drives.

Edited by donchen84, 03 October 2006 - 08:04 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:21 AM

Have the friend cruise the Chinese portion of the site (using buddy215's link).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

donchen84: Don't even worry about trying to find a technical manual in that language here, in which will be difficult and time consuming. I speak another language and finding technical book in a foreign language is not easy. Like usasma said, have your friend navigate to that manufacture's website will take care everything for you. Regard. MGBY.

Edited by MGBY, 03 October 2006 - 11:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users