Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word Perfect Encyptition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Greasyjohn

Greasyjohn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

This is my first post in these forums.  And this is the first web site I've ever joined to discuss and get help on computer issues. (I hope I'm doing this right.) 

I have word perfect and realize that I can password protect documents.  My question is, can you password protect a folder instead of having to individually protect each and every document in the folder? It would be easier if this were so.  I tried to figure this out myself but it doesn't look like this can be done.  I have Word on my Windows 10 Pro laptop but I'm unfamiliar with it and have been doing my word processing for years with word perfect. Any help would be appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 STS-1

STS-1

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:38 AM

What OS is the word perfect program on? If it is XP or newer you can install  Trucrypt from this link https://www.truecrypt71a.com/downloads/ and this will encrypt the entire drive (it is on-the-fly encryption which means the files are decrypted as they are accessed with no password, the Master password is entered before the PC boots to windows, so if you do not know that password then the PC will not boot and the files are encrypted, or you can use the openssl command line tool to encrypt a single file tutorial here http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/12/12/simple-file-encryption-with-openssl/... Many Anti Virus programs also include a password keeper which allows you to create a "safe" that you can store files in and you need to enter a password to access the safe

Edited by STS-1, 22 March 2018 - 02:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users