Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TxTrapper

TxTrapper

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Ran Secunia PSI on Toshiba Satellite C655 with Windows 10 Home 32-bit x64-based processor.

All programs up-to-date.
Yellow exclamation at the bottom right click on it says;  "Microsoft Update is not installed"
A window pops up "Install Microsoft Update"  when I click on it it says open Internet Explorer to update. OK or Cancel.  I clicked OK

Start-Internet Explorer- get a popup "This site is not secure".   More Information; The websites Security Certificate has a weak signature and is
not secure..

ERROR CODE_DEL_FLAGS_WEAK_SIGNATURE

Red Shield with X - Go to the website (not recommended)'

I go to File Explorer - This PC - search for Microsoft Update - Not found.
I choose "C:" search for Microsoft Update - it's there!

TxTrapper

South Texas

​Speccy attached to this post.​

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TxTrapper

TxTrapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

The issue has been resolved by a Moderator at Microsoft Community (see below).

J.....J..... replied on February 26, 2018
Microsoft 

Hello D.Shepherd,

Since you are using a third-party program to check for updates, we cannot assure that the updates are coming from the Windows server. The only way for you to check if the Windows update had failed is to verify it in the View you update history.

For more information regarding Windows update, you can refer to this article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users