When I press the power button the Laptop trys to turn on but gives up. No beeps. It is showing the battery charging light which indicates that it is at least proving power to the battery. This problem arose after I took the Heat sink / CPU fan off and applied new thermal paste, as the system seemed to be slowing down to a crawl, I thought maybe it might have been time to replace the paste.
I have only had this laptop for two years max.
GE60 2pc Apache
A list of things I have tried so far with no success
- Taking out the ram / swapping sticks
- Refitting the screen & cables
- Refit the power cable
- Checked for lose cables on the board.
- Taken battery out and tried powering on
- Completely draining the Laptop by removing Battery and Bios Battery / Held power button for over a minuet.
Any idea why might Laptop might not be turning on? I can't send it for repair because I'm out of warrenty, I spent over £1000 on this laptop when I bought it, not happy .
Edited by Crappy, 25 February 2018 - 06:08 PM.