I wouldn't worry about Antivirus unless the printer asks you to disable it. Some HP's will actually tell you to leave AV's on.
1. Unplug the USB Connection if it exists.
2. Go to Printers and Scanners, Click on the printer and Select Remove Device.
3. Get rid of the old software from Programs and Features.
4. Restart computer.
5. Shutdown the Printer for one Minute and then Power up.
6. Download new software and go through the setup, and as said above, don't connect the USB Cable till you told to.
7. if it won't connect Wireless with the HP Software, go through the Network Wizard on the Printer to get it connected.
You may need to Reset the Printer to Defaults if all else fails.
HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows can also be helpful believe it or not LOL.
Should be easy if it is not Wireless.
Edited by pcpunk, 25 February 2018 - 10:27 PM.