So, for a few months now, my computer has been hard resetting after playing a game (normally one with high requirements) for ten or so minutes, but it varies. It will freeze, the monitor goes black and loses signal, and then my computer hard restarts with no error messages or the like. It reboots perfectly fine and without any message about shutting down incorrectly.
What I've tried:
- Replaced the PSU (from 600w to CX 750M corsair)
- Tried a different GPU (a 1050TI)
- Tested the ram with MemTest
- Underclocked the GPU significantly
- Ran several CPU stress tests
- Tried different power sockets, different surge protectors, different cables, e.t.c to see if it was a power flow issue (it wasn't)
- Reinstalled Windows from scratch, refreshed Windows, e.t.c., several times
- Resat my HDD, RAM and GPU
- Stresstested my GPU on Furmark and Unengine (no issues)
So this issue exclusively happens in the first half an hour of gaming on a reasonably high-end requirements game.
One weird caveat is that it only seems to happen once per session/day. The first time I boot up my PC and load up a game, the crash will happen in the first half an hour at max. If I then immediately, after the hard restart, launch the game again with no other changes, I can play it for hours.
There's normally no event that corresponds with the crash, oddly. There is occasionally a Kernel-Power 41 ID, which I will copy below, but it's not very revealing.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.