Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ac adaptor manufactured date vs laptop manufactured date

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seraphin

seraphin

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Is it common that the manufactured date of an AC Adaptor is different from the laptop manufactured date ?

Say, I have a lenovo thinkpad 2016 but the AC Adaptor is said to be made in 2010.

Is it "normal" or did the store swap the adaptor with an older one ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Yes this can happen if they dont change the power brick itself.

Usually the power bricks can be seen for years

The only time its replaced sooner is if the unit had to be recalled, but usually if a company has a good power brick they wont replace it.

As long as it has the correct power rating and output there is nothing to concern yourself about.

I mean if you took this laptop to say best buy with the geek squad (aka the idiot squad as they are not smart at all) they may have swapped the power supply but even if they did as long as its the right connector and the right power input it should be fine.

Edited by MadmanRB, 25 February 2018 - 11:01 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users