Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video lag, audio issues on a PC I built-please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theridon

theridon

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

pc parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VRdBkT

Hi.

For 6 months now I have my pc which is about a year old driving me mad. A few problems, not sure if they are related:

1. Sometimes the computer micro freezes, accompanied by a buzzing sound. This is replicable 95% of the time by loading a new netflix or amazon prime video (but not twitch or youtube), as the video loads. (Videos included)

-NOTE: This issue does not occur in safe mode. I tried disabling different startup items to no avail.

Recorded internal audio with OBS:

Recorded with phone:

2. Lagging and frame skipping in online videos, on any online video platform (twitch netflix youtube etc.) I get micro frame freezes and lag, sometimes videos will play at like 20 fps for 1 or 2 seconds at intervals (not buffering/loading related, my internet is pretty stellar).

3. I get audio static/crackling very randomly, seemingly mostly from online videos. This happens both from audio speakers plugged in the rear and earphones plugged in front.

Not sure you can tell from the videos, but as I load a new spongebob episode from amazon prime, the audio cuts out for a sec. It ALSO creates a buzzing sound, which the internal audio didn't record for some reason, but it's the exact type of sound like form this: https://youtu.be/CF9Pvdsz0UM?t=47

I have tried: Reinstalling audio driver numerous times, from motherboard manufacturers website, from Realtek, different version, etc. Tried different GPU drivers. None helped.

I replaced my GPU too, I also reinstalled windows.

I'm getting to the point where I think I have to RMA my motherboard, which really sucks. I wanted to ask you guys since you are a smart knowledgable group, if there are any other tests or anything to try before trying to replace my motherboard.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:45 AM

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.

#3 theridon

theridon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration.

It doesn't help unfortunately, it also causes my browser videos to play at very low fps.

#4 theridon

theridon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Anyone else?

#5 theridon

theridon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

bump

#6 theridon

theridon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

replaced motherboard, reinstalled windows still no help.

#7 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Hi, lets have a look at your system. Go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator", an elevated cmd prompt will open, copy ALL the below cmd, right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window and select "paste" the cmd will append to the prompt. Press enter

echo > 0 & systeminfo | find /V /I "hotfix" | find /V "KB" >> 0 & WMIC /Node:localhost /Namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 Path AntiVirusProduct Get displayName /format:list >> 0 & wmic PATH Win32_VideoController GET Description,PNPDeviceID /format:list >> 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & echo >> 0 & notepad 0

Notepad will open with a lot of data, please use the "More reply options" to attach this file to your reply.

#8 theridon

theridon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

Hi, lets have a look at your system. Go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator", an elevated cmd prompt will open, copy ALL the below cmd, right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window and select "paste" the cmd will append to the prompt. Press enter

echo > 0 & systeminfo | find /V /I "hotfix" | find /V "KB" >> 0 & WMIC /Node:localhost /Namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 Path AntiVirusProduct Get displayName /format:list >> 0 & wmic PATH Win32_VideoController GET Description,PNPDeviceID /format:list >> 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & echo >> 0 & notepad 0

Notepad will open with a lot of data, please use the "More reply options" to attach this file to your reply.

Sorry for the late reply. BTW the issue seems to only occur with the nvidia drivers installed, but I've tried all different types of drivers, something must be wrong with the system. Do you think I should update my BIOS? I've never done that, but if I have to I can.

I attached the notepad file

Attached Files

• Attached File  0.txt   43.68KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users