Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen turned shaded blue for both my OS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wentu

Wentu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hello

today my screen became shaded light blue / aqua.

My motherboard is a Asustek M5A78L-M LE. My graphics card is a ATI Radeon 3000 graphics. My monitor is a HP 2009v.

Here's what I tried:

1) turned off  / on PC

2) plugged off and back on the video cable. It was and it is firmly plugged in and I didntdo anything to it whatsoever before it turned shaded blue.

3) disable and enabled graphics adapter

4) windows update

5) asked for an update of the graphics adapter from device manager. i already have the "best one"

6) asked for an update with driver booster . nothing.

7) uninstalled graphics adapter. it came back automatically

8) tried changing resolution

9) uninstalled graphics adapter and deleted drivers. it came back again automatically

10) tried to change color settings. nothing

11)i restarted my pc with a USB key with an UBUNTU installation in it (quite old, probably of 5 or 6 years ago). It has the same problem. This makes me thing it is not a problem of corrupted drivers.

When I start the PC there is a moment when it usually displays a white rectangle with some info, like, i guess, the current resolution. THAT rectangle is white. So I guess my screen is still capable of producing white.

What could I try now?

thank you so much

Wentu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

I think one of the primary colors of the graphics card has failed. I had a issue with a graphics card where the screen was a green tint. I switched to the integrated graphics and everything was fine. If this is the integrated graphics then swap in another monitor. If another monitor is not available then try resetting the monitor using the monitors on screen menu. 

#3 Wentu

Wentu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

The day after.
I feel quite dumb, embarrassingly so.
Remember my check number 2? Usually, everyone tells you "check the cable" and I did it. But I completely forgot that a cable has TWO ENDS, not just one. I checked the end that enters in the PC but not the end that enters in the monitor. I dunno why but one of the two small screws that hold it in place wasn't properly screwed in and the cable was extremely loose. Once I screwed it in, everything was back to normal.

A lesson for everyone like me (hopefully not many): a cable has two ends, check them both!

Edited by Wentu, 25 February 2018 - 05:38 AM.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:15 AM

Glad to hear all good.

We all make mistakes , thats why another check or 2 / 3 never hurts, we just shake our heads and go Doh ! stupid me.

I`m not going to say im not guilty either , nobodys perfect but i try hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users