Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Speed Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sahib_13

sahib_13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

Hi Experts,
I have a problem which i would like to share with you. I have a dell laptop and a HP system. I regularly use both of them. I use a wifi connection on both of them and as i have to use internet alot so i have an internet plan which give me upto 50mbps speed. A week ago everything was going fine, but don't know suddenly my internet speed got decreased to almost 0 to 1 mbps. I contacted my internet service provider, they changed the modem after trying with all troubleshoots. Now the thing is that my laptop is running like always (speed is near about 40 mbps) but my hp system still have the same problem. the speed is hardly reaching 1 mbps. I connected my phone with wifi and speed is 40+ in that too. So now every device is running on full speed except my HP system. Please let me know what troubleshoot i can do to resolve this as i am already very frustrated.
Important to mention that my laptop and system are both placed on same place and in same room. I use wireless LAN card on my HP system to get wifi connections. I thought maybe that card is not working properly but when i connected same HP system with my phone's hotspot then speed was coming very good. I have tried various things :-
1. I removed that wifi network, restarted the system and added network again
2. I unistalled Antivirus also to check if that was causing issue
3. Changed the place of modem and cpu as well
4. Deleted browsing history/cache/cookies
5. Changed the port of Wireless LAN card

I am using windows 7 on both machines and please don't ask me to try using lan cable because that will not be possible due to modem wire setting. Please Please help me in this. I am eagerly waiting for your answers. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

goto speedguide.net and download tcpip optimizer, run it there is no spyware/malware/adware in it.  I use it all the time.

select your network adapter lan or wifi, or you can select both.  set your internet speed at 50mb.  then hit the optimize button at the bottom.

and apply the settings.   then reboot your computer and see if it has made a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users