Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this computer I'm building good enough for stock trading?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Loonmario

Loonmario

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:16 AM

Is this computer I'm building going to be powerful enough for trading?  It's for my brother who is getting into trading which I know nothing about but I see him looking at charts and has a bunch of Firefox tabs open.  Since hardware is pretty expensive right now I went with an older setup with DDR3 ram and Windows 7 (My brother would have a nightmare with Windows 10).  I think it will work but concerned about using a dual core instead of quad core and also 8GB of ram instead of 16GB.  The video card should be good enough to run dual monitors.  I've already built the computer and it's fast on the surface but before I give to my brother should I make any last minute upgrades?

I got these parts pretty cheap using Ebay, Newegg, and rebates.  I can buy better parts and sell what I'm not using but I really don't want to put more money into this unless I have to.

Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0 micro-atx motherboard

Intel Core i3-4130 LGA1150 3.40GHz Dual Core

x2 4GB G.Skill DDR3 1333 PC3 10600

520w Seasonic Bronze PSU

Gigabyte RX560 4GB video card

500GB Samsung SSD

Windows 7 Pro

Edit:  I was thinking about using a Samsung 1080p 40" TV and a 22" Dell IPS monitor.  I already have these sitting around.

Edited by Loonmario, 24 February 2018 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

I cannot see anything that Really needs an upgrade. That should be OK for Firefox use even with heavy tabs.

#3 Loonmario

Loonmario
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

I cannot see anything that Really needs an upgrade. That should be OK for Firefox use even with heavy tabs.

Thanks for responding.  Looks like it's good to go unless anyone else has any suggestions.

#4 jarlmaster47

jarlmaster47

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

That's more than adequate. You can trade stocks from phones with no issue (though it may not be the best experience) so yeah lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users