Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

some keyboard keys not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

some keys don't work as in sometimes they type sometimes they don't, for example one second the space bar will work another second it won't.

i'm on asus windows 10 home 64 bit

i have tried reinstalling keyboard driver - the first time i did it it went away for a while but then came back, i tried this again and it doesn't even make the problem go away anymore even temporarily

there is no new driver from asus so i can't upgrade

i have tried using an external keyboard and everything worked fine

i recently updated my windows and the problem went away for a couple of days and i thought that was the end of it but after a while it came back

i think i'm infected or something

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

The internal keyboard is faulty.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

The internal keyboard is faulty.

so it's a hardware thing? but why does they keyboard work intermittently? if windows updates then it works fine or if i give the laptop a little time to sort of gather itself and it works fine too, it's just that the problem comes back, it comes and goes. (my limited knowledge) tells me that this is really software thing

Edited by archaiccitizen, 24 February 2018 - 09:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users