Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Store and XBOX wont open?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 sippenhaft

sippenhaft

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

Everything was working fine and today suddenly not so much!

XBOX opens to the screen and I just have a green window and nothing else...

Microsoft store keeps telling me that Im not connected ot the internet and to check the settings....Obviously when I check them I AM connected ot the internet...I am typing here on the same PC.

I have tried numerous "fixes" from the web and none worked.

Putting things in command prompt (powershell), deleting cache files, opening services and starting manually...nada...nothing worked.

Any more suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

:radioactive: :smash:

anyone...

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:00 AM

Hi, well you really didn't tell us much, we have to guess  ("Putting things in command prompt (powershell), deleting cache files, opening services and starting manually...nada...nothing worked"), actually gives us no idea what you have done to fix this.

Open a cmd prompt as admin, go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy each of these two cmd's individually, right click anywhere in the cmd window and select "paste" the cmd will append to the prompt. Press enter.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Restart your computer and try the apps now. Let us know how you get on.

#4 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

Thank you for your reply. And it is not anything I have already tried, so I was optimistic!

Unfortunately it did not work.

When I try to open the MS Store, it say that I am not connected to the internet and to check that....I check it (in settings) and it shows I AM connected. I also am on here typing this message and playing World of Tanks.

Simialr for XBOX, it shows the XBOX logo, then just a green window....never changing. I tried to load a game directly that plays through Xbox (March of Empires) and it begins to load but stops...giving a connection error.

So it seems that the MS Store and Xbox think I am disconnected from the net, but I surely am connected....very weird...

#5 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 881 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Hi, what AV do you use? Have you ever had another AV on your computer and since removed it?

Open a cmd prompt as admin(as shown) and at the prompt copy paste:-

netsh int ip reset (press enter), this will reset the tcp/ip stack, DO not restart computer if asked.

netsh winsock reset (press enter) Restart computer when asked.

#6 GS-ARA

GS-ARA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

Did you recently install the 1709 update? If so 1709 has caused multiple issues with windows apps such as MS edge, Photos and MS store, the fastest way to fix all these issues is to just reinstall the 1709 update. 

you can download the update from Microsoft's website, hope this helps.

-Cura et celeritas-

#7 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

Tried those two commands in the command prompt, but it did not fix the issue.

YES I do have the 1709 update(s)

I will try to reinstall and see what happens and report back!

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,631 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:02 AM

Before doing a total reinstall see the following video. I have no experience using this command but if you are going to do a clean install give it a try. Hopefully jenae will comment on this command.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySAj7XgLB8

#9 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 881 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hi, what that cmd, (from the cleaver young fellow's video) does is to reregister all apps, we only did it on the effected apps, It won't hurt to try, do wait till it finishes and do not worry about all the red lines this happens if apps are open at the time (some will be) It might be that it works for you.

Press the Win + x keys, select powershell (admin) copy this cmd:-

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Right click anywhere in the powershell window and the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter.

After this restart computer.

#10 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

Hi, well you really didn't tell us much, we have to guess  ("Putting things in command prompt (powershell), deleting cache files, opening services and starting manually...nada...nothing worked"), actually gives us no idea what you have done to fix this.

Open a cmd prompt as admin, go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy each of these two cmd's individually, right click anywhere in the cmd window and select "paste" the cmd will append to the prompt. Press enter.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Restart your computer and try the apps now. Let us know how you get on.

Did you open Powershell with Administrator priviliges?

#11 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 881 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:24 PM

Hi, Mason21, the original reregister cmd's were run from command prompt, in normal mode powershell cmds can be invoked by typing powershell in the cmd prompt,(as can cmd prompt be invoked by typing cmd in the powershell prompt) Pity MS didn't include this in the win PE, so it would work in the RE, it can be done, however it is beyond the scope of this place.

The last cmd requires a powershell cmd (it's a cmdlet). We haven'y heard back from the OP, however I am sure they followed the instructions to run as admin, thanks for checking.

#12 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

Ok. Thanks Jenae! Didn't realize that. 

#13 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

Trying it now...Yes I used ADMIN :)

Will report results when it is done.

#14 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

No luck. It did give a few errors saying that there where "higher versions" already installed...

I attached two screenshots.

One is when I open the MS Store...Then I click on CHECK CONNECTION and you see the second image is showing I am connected....that is how I am typing here. I can also play other games (not APPS through the store though)

Attached Files

#15 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 881 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

Hi, from post #5

"Hi, what AV do you use? Have you ever had another AV on your computer and since removed it?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users