Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Micro disconnects from network folders occurring every 1-2 hours which interrupt

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kyman73

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

..which interrupt saves & file transfers, temporarily freeze programs which access network files.
This is the only machine on our network which is experiencing this issue.
Here are two short clips showing the issue I'm describing as "micro disconnects" because I don't know what else to call it. The network system tray icon never even goes into an unconnected / no internet access state, and pings to a network computer which hosts one of these folders show no obvious signs of dropping packets.
clip 1  (happens in first 20 seconds, then I'm scrolling through event viewer trying to find an entry.  Nothing relevant I can find)
clip 2 (happens in the first 20 seconds, I don't see any dropped pings or extreme latency, the folder I had open to a local hard drive stayed open so it wasn't a windows explorer crash)
I have relocated the machine between to various other working ethernet ports & changed the ethernet cable. Installed an addon PCI express gigabit ethernet card, and attempted to connect only via wifi. Issue still persists.
I have swapped a different windows 10 installed harddrive into the computer, updated all drivers and repeated the above tests, issue still persists.
Any ideas for further testing, or possible culprits are greatly appreciated.

Edited by kyman73, 23 February 2018 - 01:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users