Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 5675, AMD A10, Windows 10 Periodically Needing Hard Restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nuclearmatt

nuclearmatt

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

I just purchased the following machine with Windows 10 installed:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-amd-a10-series-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-560-1tb-hard-drive-recon-blue-with-solid-panel/6181800.p?skuId=6181800

I've only had it for a few days, and all I really do it on is work in Microsoft Access, Python, Powershell, and use Google Chrome, and yet for some reason every hour or so the machine will freeze completely (accompanied by a loud thud from the HD) and I'll have to restart it. Then it will boot back up fine, and run for another hour or so before doing the exact same thing. Supposedly this is a result of some recent Windows 10 updates, but I'm not honestly sure.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

Seriously, for a computer that old you need to return it and get an exchange of refund. A clunking hard drive is something that should not happen on a new computer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users