Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MACBOOK AIR problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ay0xb

Ay0xb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Hi My wife has a macbook air and its acting so weird lately so the problems are :

1/ There is an X inside the charger icon, and if she unplug it it dies immediately.

2/ It runs super super slow, I would guess because it doesn't have enough space on the hard drive.

3/ I tried to move iPhoto Library pictures from the Mac to my laptop using wireless sharing folder so some pictures made it but more than 50% don't want to open on my laptop saying "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because the file is empty" and it's actually empty with 0 bytes in it I tried a lot of different JPEG Viewers and google chrome and Photoshop but  I doesn't work, I can't even back them up on an external hard drive it says read only and I can't format it to fix it because it has a lot of important stuff.

Please Help me as soon as possible it's pretty urgent  and thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

1. Go to the Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report > Hardware > Power. Does it list Yes or No under Charge Information when the charger is connected? What does it show under Health Information?

2. Possible, but you didn't post the size and available space of the hard drive.

3. Windows Photo Viewer? Isn't that only for Windows? Have you tried viewing them with Preview? If they're still on the Mac then you can safely delete them from the Macbook Air. Try using a flash drive or connect the Macs via USB cable to transfer the files instead. 

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

Hi My wife has a macbook air and its acting so weird lately so the problems are :
1/ There is an X inside the charger icon, and if she unplug it it dies immediately.

Do you have another charger to try with it? In such situation, it could be the battery is dead/bad, a problem with the charging system in the MBA, or maybe an issue with the charger. Trying another charger could eliminate the last one from the list.

Also, do you have an Apple Store near you. If so, you can make an appointment to take it in and they should evaluate it for free (the fix, if there is one, will likely not be free unless still under warranty).

2/ It runs super super slow, I would guess because it doesn't have enough space on the hard drive.

You did not mention year/model version of the MBA or size/type of drive (i.e. SSD or "spinner" drive). I could be due to the drive getting filled up, but could be other things.

3/ I tried to move iPhoto Library pictures from the Mac to my laptop using wireless sharing folder so some pictures made it but more than 50% don't want to open on my laptop saying "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because the file is empty" and it's actually empty with 0 bytes in it I tried a lot of different JPEG Viewers and google chrome and Photoshop but  I doesn't work, I can't even back them up on an external hard drive it says read only and I can't format it to fix it because it has a lot of important stuff.

Please Help me as soon as possible it's pretty urgent  and thank you so much!

On the Mac, what file type are the pictures. Do they still open in iPhoto?

Also, general question...which version of the macOS are you running?

#4 fk6284755

fk6284755

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:51 AM

Yes, Macs in general are more durable than most (but not all) Windows laptops. Also, in general, you'd have to pay about the same amount of money to get a Windows laptop with the same durability as an Apple laptop. Maybe a little less, but not much.I'm going to suggest, however, that if you can afford a new MacBook Air, you can probably afford the AppleCare warranty. It isn't that much extra, really (if you do without 2-3 pizzas a month for the next couple of months you are all set), and you won't regret it if something does happen in that second or third year.

Visit the Site : Affirmations mp3 for Better Living .....

Edited by fk6284755, 07 March 2018 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users