Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing maleware and viruses from Temp files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qlarney12

qlarney12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hello,

I'd very grateful if you helped me with this matter. I've had recently a problem with maleware that I can't remove using Malewarebytes and anti-virus software. The maleware seems to be multiplying in Temp files while scanning therefore I belive it's hard for any anti-virus software to remove it. (I've been trying to fix it with Bitdefender and later with Kaspersky with no result.) The scanning and solving the problem by any anti- software is kind of stuck when it reaches C:\Windows\Temp\... folder.

Some of the things that are found by the software: Trojan.Win32.Generic , TUTO4PC and Coin Miner. If it's possible, please post me steps I have to follow in order to free my computer from all kinds of maleware.

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 22 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am i infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Run RKill, then Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner,

#3 VBCONZ

VBCONZ

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:27 AM

If you know where the temp files are:

Download Linux ISO and boot off it ( instructions on how to make one are here -

Boot off the USB

Browse your drive to the location from linux.

Remove the files.

Reboot into Windows

Run the above programs 

you can download the programs above while using linux, save thme on your widows desktop ( <windowsdrive>\users\<username>desktop  and they iwll be there to run when you boot into Windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users