Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best cleaner for Android 7.0 phone ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jargos

jargos

• Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:44 AM

Been using Ccleaner  for over a year .. all good, even though ads had crept in in the results page. More recently, full screen, annoying flash ads when plugging in charger, and sometimes on unlocking. I investigated this and suspected that they too might be generated by Ccleaner, as they appeared similar.

Well, that's a step too far, Mr Ccleaner guys !!!

I UNINSTALLED Ccleaner and the above-mentioned ads are now gone.

But, that leaves me without a cleaner, and I would really like one.

A variety are available I see, but who knows what's what ?

Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a safe, competent, ads free cleaner ? I guess it is probably wiser to ask here first, than to rush in and try several different ones.

Best cleaner for Android 7.0 phone ?

Thanks.

JA

Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon on older, Pentium 4 desktop.

Win 7 on Medion Akoya i3 laptop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Conder

Conder

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Try SD Maid, if you so want some cleaner.

Edited by Conder, 23 February 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#3 jargos

jargos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

Try SD Maid, if you so want some cleaner.

Interesting.

Firstly, let me say, that doing google searches for 'best android cleaner, without ads' etc, invariably resulted in cleaners such as Clean Master and Power Cleaner, coming first or consistently most prominent in the results. I tried these, and far from 'best' and 'without ads' I found them to me replete with ads and quite bloated.

SD Maid DID NOT come up at all .. so much for the 'organic' google results. So much for fair unbiased results from google and bing - it seems there is no such thing.

Anyhow, I found and installed SD Maid. And let me say I am singularly most impressed with it in all ways. I wondered why this is so, and I soon realized that it has a Linux flavor to it - and I am a great fan of, and user of Linux on two of my computers.

Without further investigation, it seems to me that it is developed by people of Linux persuasions. It is a very powerful, efficient, streamlined cleaner, with no ads, and no bloated crap trying to make you do what it wants rather than what you want. Just the odd prompt to by the pro version, which is fair enough, and I may even do so shortly.

So, a great thumbs up for SD Maid! Thank you for your recommendation of this great tool.

Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon on older, Pentium 4 desktop.

Win 7 on Medion Akoya i3 laptop

#4 vaskepas

vaskepas

• Banned Spammer
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

Be careful when you use it , because it is hard to restore once the data is deleted .

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

I actually have SD Maid, and almost never use it.

Android (and particularly the more recent versions) all have device maintenance utilities built in and File Managers built in that do a pretty darned good job with disk cleaning if you use them.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users