Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deactivating Woocommerce breaks site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sivapriya

Sivapriya

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:29 AM

Site on wordpress platform, godaddy managed wordpress hosting (cringey, I know, my client insists on it).  I inherited this site and do the things her VA can't do with it.

So, I'm trying to remove woocommerce, because it's no longer being used.  Originally the site had a top menu bar with the woocommerce cart details and login links.  I found that was done through the header.php file.  I removed the code and it seemed fine.  I had to adjust the margins a little, easy no problem. However, when I refresh the page or go to another page on the site, I notice the header area has a big space above it as everything loads and then adjusts, jumping up to where it should be.  Don't know how else to describe it. I would give the url to the staging site, so you can check it out, but I don't want it picked up on google.

Also, if I deactive woocommerce, it breaks the site. Only the navbar shows. There's something I'm missing, I know, and it's probably something simple. UGH I'm just getting over some funk that took me out for almost a week, so I know my head still isn't right and I'm racking my brains over this. :( I just need to get this done. 

Please help! :)  I really appreciate it! 

EDIT:  I just realized the live site that still has the woocommerce navbar intact does the same, so skip that part (well, if you can help me solve that issue, would be great too, but that is back burner)

For now, my main focus is getting rid of woo - it completely breaks the site when I deactivate it, nothing shows, but the primary navbar.  

Edited by Sivapriya, 22 February 2018 - 01:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VBCONZ

VBCONZ

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:46 AM

1 - Woo commerce is integrated into may parts of your site by the sounds of it. Saying you don't need it is therefore wrong (no offence intended). They may have used it not jsut for selling but image management, product display pages, categories and other functionality.

What is the url of the live site?  It will help discuss the navbar spacing issue.

If your site has products then that is going to be hard to remove woo. How are the pages done? As products, posts or pages?

Are there woo short codes in the pages?

Is the theme a vanilla theme - purchased from somewhere or has it been hacked around with weird stuff added? If it is a theme  you can download then backup the theme folder, install the downloaded version of the them and activate it. if that fixes your issue - huzzah!! if not then you can be sure the developer hacked around with the theme and added woo stuff in the main theme code ( a bad practice). Remove the newly installed theme and restore the backed up theme folder.

where on the page does it break? Open the source code of the page in chrome or firefox nad see where the page stops. That will give you a clue where it went wrong in the backend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users