Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APPLE ID Continues to Cause Several Major Problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

I have had my Imac for about 10 years or so and it has always been a problem to log-in.  Always says I have wrong info.   Over the years I have ended up using several different emails - I could pull my hair out as none work.

I have been trying to update my Firefox on my Imac but I get the message that my OS isn't supported or some such thing.  But I can't update my OS (Sierra) even though I currently have a message on my Imac/Apple that I have a FREE UPGRADE.   When I try to update it asks for my Apple ID none of which worked.

So tonight I finally located my username which I entered (having stated I forgot my password).  So I entered my username and since it was (according to apple) using an email address I no longer have access to I chose to enter my security info which I successfully did.   So then it told me I had to enter an alternative email address which I did - then I got the message that an email would be sent to the address and when it came I was to enter the code in the spaces provided.   Well despite asking for an email with the code over 10 times I never got an email and it is all coming back to me this is what happened before and this is why my OS is outdated because I couldn't update and now I still can't so everything is screwed up - my Firefox, my OS all because of APPLE'S ONGOING PASSWORD CONUNDRUM.

How can I get this fixed?   I can't download anything from Apple despite paying $1200 or so for this very frustrating computer.

I AM SO VERY FED UP.  I went to Apple support but JOKE'S ON ME because I need  my Apple ID to use the website   I HATE APPLE COMPUTERS WITH MY ENTIRE BEING.  I can't update OS, can't update Firefox, can't ask questions.

Edited by JayJax, 21 February 2018 - 08:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

This is a REAL RIOT.  An article about how its IMPORTANT to keep your Apple OS updated for security reasons and HOW EASY it is to do.

only ITS NOT EASY ITS MADDENING and impossible.     It says to enter your Apple ID "IF PROMPTED".   - In my experience I am ALWAYS PROMPTED and therein lies the rub.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-update-mac-os-software-3521995/

#3 macuser

macuser

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

do you have applecare? you can call apple and get help from them. I had issues too with my apple ID for a long time. never could figure out why. turns out I had 2 apple IDs with the same email address. this was creating issues with songs not playing on computers. call them maybe they can help? if you just bought the computer you have a year of free support I think?

Edited by macuser, 23 February 2018 - 03:41 PM.

#4 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

do you have applecare? you can call apple and get help from them. I had issues too with my apple ID for a long time. never could figure out why. turns out I had 2 apple IDs with the same email address. this was creating issues with songs not playing on computers. call them maybe they can help? if you just bought the computer you have a year of free support I think?

Thanks, no I don't have AppleCare.   I refuse to pay for what ought to be given knowledge and a way to recover passwords.  But thanks for the suggestion glad you got your issues worked out.    I know that I did have more than one AppleID but the reason for that was because they didn't work.   I've never had password issues with anyone that compares to this.  If they are going to sell exorbitantly priced computers then they need to resolve this problem.  I did manage to get a response from Apple Support Twitter but they said they were closing down for the night and if I left additional messages they would respond next morning - another LIE from Apple.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Did you check your spam folder in your email account to see if the emails ended up in there?

#6 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Did you check your spam folder in your email account to see if the emails ended up in there?

Yes, I surely did, multiple times.   This is a repeat of the same thing that happened when I went thru this previously and finally gave it up getting nowhere.   And the thing is because I cannot update my O.S. I cannot update Firefox either, all I get is notices that my OS is out of date and so Firefox cannot help me.  I want to stick with Firefox, it has all my passwords etc. but I experience constant crashes with Firefox at least hourly.  I am very frustrated, so convoluted.   I had reached someone with Apple on Twitter who promised to get back with me the next morning but they have disappeared too.  I've seen other Apple users who say they aren't even asked for a password to update their O.S. but I can't get anything, even the simplest apps are off limits.

#7 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Today, I found my old Apple ID so I tried to get the update on my O.S. but then I got a message that I had to enter my credit card number I don't know why because its supposed to be free but I entered one which it at first said wasn't a valid number but then finally it accepted the number and so I selected the "proceed" or whatever and nothing happened just a rotating circle in the menu at the top of the page.

So I used a tried to use a new email address and went thru all the trouble of entering all my address and phone and age and blah blah blah and the password and I hit enter SAME STORY ----- NOTHING just a rotating circle at the top of the page

I AM SO DAMN TICKED OFF AT APPLE I COULD EXPLODE.

#8 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

SO HERE'S what I got from Apple on Twitter - no help at all with the link they recommend that just tells me to reset my password which is what I've been trying to do.

I COULD BE THE NEXT POSTAL. 

TWO YEARS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET  A STUPID UPDATE.

Thanks for those details. We can understand wanting to get that resolved so you can regain access to your Apple ID. If you're unable to reset your password via the reset e-mail, you may be able to reset it using your security questions. This article explains how: http://apple.co/24Dxgyk  If you're unable to reset your Apple ID password with the steps in that article, our Apple ID team over the phone would best be able to assist you with that. You can schedule a callback with them here: http://apple.co/AppleID

We can understand the concern. Our Apple ID team over the phone would best be able to assist you with getting that resolved. You can schedule a callback with them here: http://apple.co/AppleID  We're headed out for the night, but we'll be back tomorrow at 5 a.m. Pacific. If you reach out to us in the meantime, expect a response shortly after we return. Have a great night.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing our support site. You may want to try accessing it from a different web browser or device. If you're unable to schedule a callback from our http://apple.co/AppleID  website, you can call in directly, you can find our support numbers here: http://apple.co/1QVyPU9  Or if you prefer, we can create a case for you regarding the issue and schedule a callback for you.

Edited by JayJax, 04 March 2018 - 05:16 PM.

#9 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

I finally managed to get a screen to schedule a call back and it asked me to enter my serial number which I did and then the response from Apple was

enter a VALID SERIAL NUMBER.

I just did enter it.

EVERY TURN ITS A ROAD BLOCK

#10 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

IF SOMEONE CAN DELETE THIS IT WOULD BE GREAT as it is obviously of no benefit. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users