Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Boot problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iuss12345

iuss12345

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

Hi,I would be very thankful if you guys can help me.
I have a Laptop Asus X550JK-XX115D i5-4200H
1TB 4GB GTX850M and when a press the power button it takes 5-10 minutes to boot - and in this time my display is black(its off) my fan starts (which is unusual) and I can t open bios or something (if I want to enter in bios I have to press F2 for that much time-5-10 minutes).
And after 5-10 minutes the windows starts and everything is normal.
I tried to remove the hard disk and put an ssd (I thought it was a problem with my hard disk) but the problem is the same even with ssd .
What I have to do?:(
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Go into device manager, anything with yellow markers?  Also look at the event viewer to see what problems may be showing!  Being as all is normal once it is up and running it may be a driver issue.  One of the folks can guide you through trying a Linux stick start up, if it flies through that some ideas should pop up.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users