Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winhound.com In Registry!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Toddsg27

Toddsg27

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this site. This is my first post. I have Winhound.com in my registry. As far as I know, this is all I have. What do I have to do to get rid of this? I have been duped into buying registry cleaners which seemed to claim that they would fix this problem, but yet it still persists.

Please Help :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Closed open tags. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 02 October 2006 - 10:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hi Toddsg27,
Carefully follow the instuctions in this link
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37384/how-to-remove-winhound/
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

Ewido will problably get rid of Winhound but how did it get there? More than likely you have more serious malware. So follow the link in TMack's post and post a Hijack this log after following the directions.

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

As a general rule, if you've got one infection there's a very good chance that there's another. This is because most malware attacks your system in several ways in order to ensure that it can get onto your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:34 PM

Toddsg27,

I moved your HJT log to the appropriate forum.
Here's the link:
Toddsg27's HJT log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might think someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Also, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Edited by KoanYorel, 03 October 2006 - 04:32 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users