Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

videos have audio but no video in Chrome, work in Edge

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cheryl g

cheryl g

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

I have a windows 10, 64 bit computer. It is my dad's so I am unsure when the issue started. 

Chrome is set as the default browser. Videos on chrome will play on youtube but not other websites like facebook and weather.com. I do not get any error messages. The play button actually plays the audio and the slide bar advances, but I have no moving video picture. I did have stills as I hovered across the video with my cursor, but something I did changed that. I no longer have any stills. I do have full video capability on Edge.

I have disable my ad blocker. I have checked flash player and java script settings, updated chrome and flash player, uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I have restarted my computer.

Thanks for your help, Cheryl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iancatalan

iancatalan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

I have a windows 10, 64 bit computer. It is my dad's so I am unsure when the issue started. 

Chrome is set as the default browser. Videos on chrome will play on youtube but not other websites like facebook and weather.com. I do not get any error messages. The play button actually plays the audio and the slide bar advances, but I have no moving video picture. I did have stills as I hovered across the video with my cursor, but something I did changed that. I no longer have any stills. I do have full video capability on Edge.

I have disable my ad blocker. I have checked flash player and java script settings, updated chrome and flash player, uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I have restarted my computer.

Thanks for your help, Cheryl

Try this one

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/T6hNpETUu_U/6uKuouAWEAAJ

#3 cheryl g

cheryl g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for the response, iancatalan.

I did change the chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode to enabled, however I could not find a restart chrome button anywhere on that page. I closed and reopened chrome, and restarted the computer. 

I still have the same issue.

#4 cheryl g

cheryl g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Iancatalan, Do you have any other ideas? Anyone else?

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

Have you tried, as a test, disabling Hardware Acceleration in Chrome?

https://www.technize.net/google-chrome-disable-hardware-acceleration/

#6 cheryl g

cheryl g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Thank you Opera. That did work. Sorry for the late response. I appreciate your help!

#7 MicroAcres

MicroAcres

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Opera. That fix Worked for me, too. Thanks.

#8 LostnTym

LostnTym

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

I just started have the exact same issue. It only happens in Chrome and not just youtube, it happens on all videos, such as videos in Yahoo news and any other site. I have tried all of the solutions listed above to no avail. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My pc is a Toshiba Tecra with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Thanks in advance.

Edited by LostnTym, 20 April 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:45 PM

I just started have the exact same issue. It only happens in Chrome and not just youtube, it happens on all videos, such as videos in Yahoo news and any other site. I have tried all of the solutions listed above to no avail. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My pc is a Toshiba Tecra with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Thanks in advance.

Having trouble in Incognito Mode as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users