Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer stuck in infinite boot loop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Walruin

Walruin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hey everyone! This is my first post here so please be gentle :)

My computer is currently stuck in an infinite bootloop. I have tried removing every possible component, but it still isn't working. It powers up, seems to work fine for 2-4 seconds (Monitor says "No signal" when connected to motherboard during boot) but after this 2-4 seconds, the computer will shut down and reset itself. Every light shuts down from the motherboard. 

So my hardware is this:

CPU Intel i7 3770k

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4

GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti

Any suggestions how to proceed? I have no idea what could be the problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iancatalan

iancatalan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

can you access your bios?

it could be your HDD, PSU or Motherboard.

My guess is your PSU is defective.

#3 jarlmaster47

jarlmaster47

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Also try clearing the CMOS. It's either a reset button on the back of your motherboard (the I/O) or you need to remove the dime sized CMOS battery from the motherboard itself. Oftentimes, boot issues are related to bad CMOS settings. 

If that isn't the issue then I would agree likely hard drive, PSU. or mobo

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:28 AM

Can you get into safe mode?  Try repeatedly tapping F8 when you hit the start button.

You system supports on board video, you can pull the video card and plug into the back panel.  The card may have an issue, it is also possible a ram stick is failing.  How many sticks of ram do you have, tow or more will allow you to swap them around to see if one is bad.

Edited by OldPhil, 22 February 2018 - 07:33 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

What operating system are you running?

There are big differences in diagnosing and making repairs in the different version of Windows, especially after Windows 7.  We need to know what you are running so we can use the tools available in that version.  For example: in Windows 7 you can access Safe Mode directly from the F-8 key at bootup, this is a little more complicated with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

What is the make and model of your PSU?  That GeForce GPU needs a PSU rated at least 450W.

From your description is sound like the computer isn't making it through the POST (Power On Self Test).  This is often related to a hardware item.

Booting into the BIOS would be a good diagnostic tool, if you can boot into the BIOS this would indicate that this is more likely to be a software problem.  If you can't boot into the BIOS this could well be hardware related.  But we need more information.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users