Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unexpected error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leslie663

leslie663

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:45 AM

I am new here. Glad to join the community!

There’s a a .DBF file that i could open on Asus 2016 Model Laptop on Windows 8. However, after the Windows 10 update, I suddenly can’t open it anymore. It gives the following message, Unexpected error .

Appreciate any help here!

Moved from general chat
NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 21 February 2018 - 03:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:56 AM

Hey leslie663

Do you know what the purpose of this .DBF is and what software did you previously use to open it?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

DBF files were originally used in dBase II and continued through to dBase Version IV. The DBF file format originated by Ashton-Tate, but is understood by Act!, Clipper,FoxPro, Arago, Wordtech, xBase, and similar database or database-related products. DBF files can also be opened by Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.

Do you have any of these applications installed on your computer?

It

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users