Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tweaking search function in a website. Couchsurfing: Searching by languages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hihihihi

hihihihi

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Hello!

I don't know if any of you have ever used the website couchsurfing, but on there you can search for potential hosts in a city and set search criteria as you can see in the attached image. You can search for hosts based on languages they speak, whether they have references, whether they are pet or kid friendly etc.

However, there is no option for finding people based on the language(s) they are LEARNING. Most profiles and people on this website have a section where they name the languages they are learning.

I want to search for people who are learning Spanish which I am able to teach.

Does anyone know how, if possible, one could find people based on languages they are learning?

If this is the wrong website to ask, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

PS. How come I can't upload an image on here admins???

Edited by hihihihi, 20 February 2018 - 04:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

The ability to upload an image direct to a topic on BC is not available in every forum section, and this is one of the ones where it is not available. However, if you use a web-hosting service like Imgur or Dropbox you can always upload an image to that and paste the link into a post.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users