Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wiped drive, reinstalled OS, ethernet and wireless access blocked (virus?)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 capricorntony13

capricorntony13

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Hello, 

I have 2 laptops that are virus infected, and I don't have an idea on how to fix them. Superantispyware didn't pick up anything. One laptop, I erased the drive with WipeDrive, one pass, and reinstalled Win7. Right out the gates, I try to go online to let WInUpdate do its thing, and I  can't get online. The other laptop, I swear is infected, because the system time seems slow. When I restart, the clock time is the same as the last time that I shut off the laptop. Looking to concentrate on the first one, since it is my brother's laptop and I want to give it back to him as soon as I am able. I am also looking to (and will do so) donate to your legal defense, as I have done in the past. Thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Go to the website of the laptop manufacturer and download all of the appropriate drivers for your laptop, then install them. Start with the chipset driver and that should get you online. Obviously you have to download the drivers using a computer that can get online and then copy the drivers to an external medium (usb drive, cd, whatever) and then to the laptop in question.

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,439 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

can you get online if you plug it into your router with an ethernet cable?

you are probably missing the nessessary drivers for your wireless

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Please...let's deal with the one system that was wiped..;in this topic.

If you want assistance with the system which is believed to be infected...please open a separate topic for that system and post it in the Am I Infected forum.

Louis

#5 abhitarp

abhitarp

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

model no of lappi and windows version. plz . for the wiped pc.

Edited by abhitarp, 21 February 2018 - 12:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users