Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sending Zipped or Any File/Folder Via Email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Les2427

Les2427

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

Hello to you all.

I am trying to send a zipped file, via email. but i keep getting: There is no email programme associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Well, i already have Gmail and Outlook. I tried the Default Programs but could not get anything to happen!

Any advice would be more than appreciated.

Les

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

See the below page. If you have a Gmail account you also have Google Drive. If sending a zip file via Gmail does not work you can upload the file to Google drive and insert it into your email. If the zip file has personal info then I would password protect it. 

https://business.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-email-large-files-as-gmail-attachments--cms-28117

#3 Les2427

Les2427
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

Yes, that works.

Thank you very much John. Appreciated

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members