Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue loading circle appearing next to mouse cursor every 2-3 seconds

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rudy5

Rudy5

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Hello,

My dad bought a new computer yesterday.

It's got Windows 10 installed and the most recent updates were installed.

Now this is just a minor problem, but every 2-3 seconds the blue loading circle appears for the duration of around half a second.

It happens all the time, regardless of what your're doing on the computer. I think I only see the loading circle when the mouse pointer is showing, so not a mouse 'hand' icon or 'select' icon.

Now this is not a big problem I *think*, but to me it seems annoying and tells me something weird is going on.

I've watched some Youtube videos and did some searching around the web but most posts are about a constant flickering blue circle every half a second, not an appearing circle every 2-3 seconds.

So yeah, there ya have it, anyone know how I can figure out what's causing this?

OK, so I figured something out - just this second after testing - it's happening on my own PC as well. Same exact story.

Except I run Windows 8.1, also fully updated. I've got Malwarebytes installed and Comodo antivirus (both free versions), and installed both on my dad's PC as well..

I just tried disabling each Comodo feature one by one, but that didn't solve it. Even disabled and exited Comodo for a moment, exited Malwarebytes, no cigar. 

I do notice that Comodo widget at the right hand top corner on the desktop, and the Comodo icon are both continually down- and uploading something. Just don't know if that's it.

Any ideas?

- R

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Possible buggy update being as both were updated recently.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

I experienced this exact issue whenever I plugged my Samsung phone into the PC by USB. 

#4 Rudy5

Rudy5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

I noticed something. When I log in on Gmail on Google Chrome the loading circle starts. Just as I described in my first post. But when I log out, it's completely gone. Weird!

#5 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

I'm not certain, but the gmail page may be auto refreshing frequently to check for new mail, I suppose this could contribute!?!?!

#6 Rudy5

Rudy5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

That's what I think. Still not sure why this started to happen, sure don't remember this happening before, unless I didn't notice for more than 2 years, seems so unlikely.

#7 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Are you using Google Chrome as your web browser?

#8 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

Oh *facepalm*, I just re-read your previous post where you clearly said that you are. 

I had a quick scoot round some troubleshooting articles and some folks have updated their Google Chrome and this issue has resolved. Maybe give this a shot?

In Chrome: Settings>Help>About Google Chrome>Update

Edited by K4MF, 21 February 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#9 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

Alternatively, this may help:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/ChIO-RZdlUo/uNEQDi8w_L4J

Łukasz Jurczak said:
Hi darlthris,

Go to chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write and ENABLE it.
After restart Chrome everything should be ok.

Glad it helped for you guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users