Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davidjames9001

davidjames9001

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:17 AM

From last one week i faced this issue. When i am working on my laptop after some time there is no internet connectivity in it. It become automatically. But still the wi-fi icon is showing connected.   :unsure:

For internet, i am using my mobile's hotspot. If anyone have faced this issue then please help.

Edited by davidjames9001, 20 February 2018 - 04:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Look in the Device Manager under Network Adapters to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.  If you find either double click on the item to open the options, click/tap on the Driver tab and uninstall the driver.  Shut down the computer, then restart it, Windows will install a new driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Does the same thing happen when you use WiFi from your router (as opposed to a hot spot) or a direct Ethernet connection?

#4 davidjames9001

davidjames9001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:03 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Look in the Device Manager under Network Adapters to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.  If you find either double click on the item to open the options, click/tap on the Driver tab and uninstall the driver.  Shut down the computer, then restart it, Windows will install a new driver.

I have laptop of HP and the configuration is i3 6th gen processor, 4 gb ddr4 ram and 1TB hard disk. No idea about model.

#5 K4MF

K4MF

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:51 AM

This is a common symptom of tethering to a mobile phone or 4G router. The WiFi icon on your laptop is letting you know that you are connected to the mobile phone, the signal strength represents the strength of the connection between your laptop and the mobile device itself, as opposed to the strength of the internet connection that you are receiving from the mobile device. 

Likelihood is that your mobile phone is experiencing a lack of signal, hence the internet drop outs. If you connect to a home/business router that has a broadband connection, this problem will likely disappear. 

Edited by K4MF, 21 February 2018 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users