Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Motherboard Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brakiachi

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Looking at building a modest gaming / photo editing computer. I started with this build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4wkqzM

but I am not sold on the mobo after looking around. It has been a long time since I have built and I had not heard of ASrock. Reviews seem all over the place.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 630 posts
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

It's hard to make suggestions not knowing the budget. I do see a couple of changes I would make.

#3 MadmanRB

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:07 AM

Asrock is fine, they make pretty good budget boards.

It should be noted that all the board brands have a different reputation depending on who you ask.

But I am on my first asrock motherboard and everything is fine on my end.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

#4 Brakiachi

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

It's hard to make suggestions not knowing the budget. I do see a couple of changes I would make.

I would like to remain sub 1000, but that isn't a hard limit

#5 MDD1963

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:44 AM

Try to find a B350 board on sale, at least they are overclockable if you choose to do so in the future, and some are available with pretty modest price increases over the A320 series...

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#6 jarlmaster47

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

That video card is so absurdly overpriced (stupid cryptocurrency miners). Unfortunately, it's not a good time to build a computer. Can you hold off on this build? Manufacturers are working to increase GPU production and hold product for non-mining consumers (supposedly). I think GPU prices will normalize over the next few months so if you can hold off, I think that would be best. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users