Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitor Setup Dell1440p 144hz Gsync & AOC 60HZ 1080p screen tearing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 apg1981

apg1981

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Hello,

I know long title sorry tried to make it specific.  As it states I am having screen tearing but its kind of unique at least to me.  I have my 144hz monitor using DP for G-Sync and for my 2nd monitor its connected via HDMI.  The problem I am having is when I am gaming and only when I am gaming when I try to watch any videos on my 2nd monitor (AOC) through any medium Web/VLC there is significant screen tearing.   I have tried watching Youtube/Twitch/Netflix...and using vlc/MPC and they are all tearing ONLY while gaming.  I like watching things as many of us do while we game.  I am just curious if anyone has had a similar issue and been able to resolve it or knows of a work around.  Any help would be appreciated and Thank You in advance.

PC Specs

I7 7700k
EVGA FTW3 1080TI
16gb Trident Z 3200mhz MEM
500gb 960 EVO HD
Main Monitor - DELL S2716DG 144hz 1440p Gsync (Display Port)
2nd Monitor   - AOC 2757 60hz 1080p (HDMI)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

Streaming video can be very hard on the PC's hardware as the stream needs to be separated into the video and audio components, decoded, and fed to the appropriate hardware.  You are also, already, taxing the heck out of the video card playing the game.  If your system supports it, try enabling the onboard graphics and connecting the AOC monitor to it.  You ought to see some change; but, if it is not enough, your only hope may be to lower the quality settings for the games you play.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users