Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs of unknown cause

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimenej

jimenej

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Hello,

I've been having seemingly random BSODs with no obvious trigger or pattern that I've identified. It's been going on a while and I'm finally getting around to posting on here for help! When the most recent BSOD occurred yesterday, I wasn't running any games or watching videos, just typing on the desktop sticky notes app and it just crashed. 

Here is the Speccy report: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/vk42NhYp7TvLO5ZHPQWXEyV

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Edited by jimenej, 18 February 2018 - 09:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

Can you run the Sysnative File Collection App as requested in https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ too? :wink:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 jimenej

jimenej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

My apologies, I forgot to click attach on the original post - it should be attached for you there now, thank you!

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:01 PM

The dump files suggest that RAM may be the problem. I'd like you to try using just one stick of RAM and do the things you normally do except maybe playing games. If there are no issues then try the next stick and so on. If you have issues with one stick and not the others it probably needs to be replaced. If not we can look at something else.

#5 jimenej

jimenej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for your advice. I'll try this once I return from my next trip and hopefully be able to identify the problem from there. Appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users