Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ZTE Max XL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jtpaigelll

jtpaigelll

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

I have tried to move files and apps from the internal storage to the SD storage but have been unsuccessful. The phone has 16 GB of internal storage and 64 GB of SD (up to 512 GB capacity). Android version 7.1.1 Nougat. How do I move files from internal to SD. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

<snip>
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat" a.k.a. 7.0.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jtpaigelll

jtpaigelll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

Thank you . I was able to move my files and apps.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

Thank you for letting us know you were successful in resolving your issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users