Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Background sound loud, singing quiet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lemoncomputer

Lemoncomputer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Hi! :)

My headphones were working perfectly. I accidentally unplugged them. I plugged them in again. Now the instruments in the music is loud but the singing's quiet and sounds like the singing's being done in water. All I could find are instructions to sort out the enhancements, but I don't have an enhancements tab. I have 'General', 'Levels', 'Advanced' and 'Spatial sound'. Please help.

Edited by Lemoncomputer, 18 February 2018 - 11:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lemoncomputer

Lemoncomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

Pleeeaaase reply :( I need my music normal :(

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Have you tried the simplest of solutions:  unplug and replug your headset (or speaker) jack?   That, or rotate it once it's been inserted?

What you describe is very common if a contact isn't making great contact.  In fact, if you've made no changes of any other kind that's not only the most likely culprit, but most probably the only one.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 Lemoncomputer

Lemoncomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for replying :)
I have tried those. Worked for about a second, then stopped. I'll keep trying it though. :)

#5 Lemoncomputer

Lemoncomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

It completely stopped working

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Then you very likely either have a wonky jack on your computer or a short in the line between the headphone plug and the headphones.

The computer side could be anything from dirt to the jack having developed cracks in the solder where it connects to the motherboard.   Headphones are notorious for developing issues somewhere between where they connect to the computer and where the tiny speakers are that deliver sound.

You're now in a situation where detective mode is necessary.  Try the headphones on some other device and see how they work.  Try other headphones or a set of external speakers on the computer and see if they work.  One of the two should likely not work correctly, telling you on which side of the equation the problem lies.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#7 Lemoncomputer

Lemoncomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

The headphones work on my MP3 Player and my earphones work on my laptop.

I guess I should just do that. It doesn't do any harm. :) Thanks for the help anyways. :)

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Desktop?  Plug the head phones into the green jack and not the black jack.  It sounds like you're plugged into the rear speaker jack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users