Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 computer won't boot, blue screen error is Critical Process Died

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Georgian

Georgian

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

So this just started yesterday with the desktop computer in the household. It had been starting with Diagnose Your PC for a while and not starting until you boot the second time, saying that it could not find any errors in Diagnose Your PC (but was acting fine when it started the second time), but now it's just not booting at all.

Here's what was tried, and doesn't work:

1. Won't start in Safe Mode at all either.
​2. Does not recognize the Windows 10 recovery CD.

3. Will not reset if you try to reset.

The odd thing is, I feel like there should be a restore to factory settings option, but that is not available on the troubleshooting screen.

The guy that actually owns the computer is up in arms and has given up, but I was going to run it by here to see if there are any other things to try.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Georgian

Georgian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

Now I can add one more thing that doesn't work, SFC/ SCANNOW will not start if I try it. I can go to Command Prompt though.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

Hi there,

0xF4 bugchecks are often hard drive related. Hence I would suggest you run SeaTools for DOS (all tests, except "fix") and MemTest86 for eight passes (feel free to stop if you get a single error).

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 Georgian

Georgian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the laptops in the house are compatible with CDs or floppy disks. 

And like I said, this is not an every few times thing. This computer went from needing two starts to start up to not starting up at all (and in the period before this period, it was doing a diagnostic test at startup and saying it "couldn't find the problem"). It will just BSOD over and over again if you don't get it into recovery and when I'm in recovery, I really think Command Prompt is my only option.

Edited by Georgian, 19 February 2018 - 12:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users