Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to add/remove text from a PDF file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Charles88

Charles88

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

I have a few pdf documents which I intend to modify. Adding text,removing text is the goal.

Can anybody suggest what I need and how to proceed ?

My O/S is Windows 10.

Thank you

Charles88

Edited by britechguy, 18 February 2018 - 11:37 AM.
Moved from Win10, as this is not Win10 specific and PDF Editing broadly falls under Business Applications

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

LibreOffice Draw can edit PDFs. It's not a specific editor for PDFs but it may work for you. Best part is it is free. You can download LibreOffice Portable. Save to your desktop. Run the program and let it install to a folder on the desktop. Double Click Draw. File > Open > Your PDF. Click on the text you wish to edit or delete. This will not work on a scanned PDF. If it does not work for you simply delete the folder of Libre Office on the desktop. But, LibreOffice is a good replacement for Microsoft Office.

Download v6.0.1

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/portable-versions/

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tr-dojo/edit-pdf-documents-with-libreoffice-draw/

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,836 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

There is no simple answer to your query without knowing whether the PDFs were generated initially as text PDFs (as in, were typed or otherwise fed the text which was formatted) or are image scanned PDFs of text material.

The former are easy to manipulate via any number of methods, the latter are not.

Also, depending on how much text you're trying to "hack out" and whether you are trying to re-integrate the files that have had text trimmed out PDF Split and Merge can come in quite handy.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

If you have MS office,you can do it in Word and then convert back to PDF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users