Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extreme Computer Hijack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

I made a mistake by downloading something that was bundled with malware and now my computer is completely taken over by malware. It's taken over my internet browser. Anything I click on opens new tabs to random websites and I can't use the internet because of it. 

It has every antivirus tool disabled and i cant open any of them. There are files in my C: disk drive that i cannot open or delete because they say I dont have permission to modify them. My PC is custom built so i cant just factory reset unless I go buy a new windows CD, because i don't have the disk anymore.

I'm at a loss and I just really need help.

Edited by hamluis, 18 February 2018 - 05:05 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I infected - Hamluis.

:heart: The only way God can show us he's in control is to put us in situations we can't control. :heart:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,501 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

Two things to try:

One: Using AVCertClean per instructions at CertLock Trojan Blocks Security Programs by Disallowing Their Certificates Scroll down

to the instructions. Note if you have Malwarebytes installed then you will need to go a step further per instructions.

Two: Try booting into Safe Mode With Networking. If that works then try downloading and using the programs below.

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes/

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Download and run the FREE online scanner from Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET

• Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
  • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
  • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Hi, none of the programs worked. I followed every instruction. The Avcertclean opened and it said removed Avast. Then, the virus scanner from ESET opened and started, but then immediately closed.
I have an Adware removal tool that actually opens and scans. There are some files that say removal failed. Would it help to link that log that shows the names?

:heart: The only way God can show us he's in control is to put us in situations we can't control. :heart:

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,501 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:46 AM

You need to start a new topic in the malware removal forum by following the instructions below.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users