Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[HELP] Random WEIRD names appears on my windows directory at random times

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shnxxx

Shnxxx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

I just reformatted my LAPTOP because it is slowing down and ALSO because of some weird file names appears on my windows directory. It just happen when I was exploring my laptop and noticed them on my windows directory and somewhat bothered me and after few more days they are expanding so I decided to reformat my laptop.

What I just did after reformat was :

-Installed firstly Avast as my anti-virus and Malwarebytes for further protection.

>Scanned my whole PC after installing them. And decided to perform full scan again every after installations.

-Installed .NET Frameworks from Microsoft and all vcredist.

-Installed MS Office 2016

-And other programs (Potplayer [Media player], Sublime [Text Editor], Chrome, qBittorrent)

At first they were not there but now, they are appearing again like mushrooms and expanding.

Here they are: 

image.png

EDIT:

*.ini* files contains almost identical texts : 3lpy35e76blo1bok3bo61hep7nyx1pin ||| 3yqv3z8r62w61rv730zw1u2679zl1y6f ||| 3mj13yy86ktv1spp34go1aav73h514td ||| 3lin39yk6uip1nnz3cwm10sj7ntr13uo etc...

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 18 February 2018 - 06:12 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Win7wiz

Win7wiz

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

I saw your post at Sevenforums too.

This time I searched a few of those file names and found some in old discussions of malware, one as old as 2012. There's a section of Bleeping where they deal with just malware.  You have to follow their directions precisely over there, and they really know their stuff :

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Edited by Win7wiz, 19 February 2018 - 03:23 AM.

#3 Shnxxx

Shnxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

I saw your post at Sevenforums too.

This time I searched a few of those file names and found some in old discussions of malware, one as old as 2012. There's a section of Bleeping where they deal with just malware.  You have to follow their directions precisely over there, and they really know their stuff :

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Thank you very much for you reply! I'll try this 

#4 Shnxxx

Shnxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

I decided to start a New topic on Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section because their guides are based on a specific system. Thank you very much again, maybe this is the reasons why PC is slowing down. Thankyou!

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,729 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Since you are now receiving help from the Malware Response Team, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your system is clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users