Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CrystalDiskInfo says my HDD has errors but CHKDSK doesn't detect any

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yomizawa

Yomizawa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hi, recently I found out about CrystalDiskInfo so I decided to use it to check the health of my hard disk drive and it says "caution," naturally, I get freaked out so I run a CHKDSK scan but it doesn't come up with any errors, everything is OK. There are no errors detected either when I use the windows checker tool, I don't really have too much (if any) important files in this drive as I mostly use it to store games and music, anything super important is already backed up in the cloud and/or in USB flash drives. Is there any way to know how long will this drive last or something?

fbIC2Tu.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

test the drive using the hard drive manufacturers software.....i would trust that much more then the program you are using

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

Please download and run SeaTools for Windows

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation of SeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

Cn0u1vP.png

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

irtNzsc.png

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users