Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading Graphics Card and possibly PSU

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clawdee

Clawdee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

Hey all, I'm in a pickle. 

Recently the fan has started to go out on my graphics card, and I asked a friend for help with replacement fan parts because she knows a bit about parts, annnd we found nothing. It's an old card (the computer is 5 years old, heavy daily use) and they just don't make replacement fan parts for this card anymore (or they are hiding really well) (a lot of the conversation was 'Why do you take such good care of your stuff?!'), so I might just need a whole new graphics card, and then possibly a whole new PSU.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

GPU: 1gig AMD Radeon HD 7670

RAM: 8gig (DDR3)

Memory: 1tb

PSU:  HP brand

Model: DPS-300AB-73 A

Part#: 667893-001

The sticker says max power is 300 at 25degC and 260w at 50degC.

As for other power sticker info that might be useful:

Input says 

100-127V ~, 50-60Hz, 8a

200-240V ~, 50-60Hz, 4a

Output says:

+12Va =-=-= 12A

+12Vb =-=-= 16A

+5.08V =-=-= 13A

+3.3V =-=-= 12A (for this one and the one above it says for both: Total 103W Max.)

+5.08Vsb =-=-= 2A

I'm not looking for something overpowered, what I have now plays Pubg, Sims 4, Overwatch, and all kinds of other games fine at high settings and without overheating (I mean, before my fan went out), and if I don't have to upgrade the PSU that would be flipping great. I'm looking to hopefully stay in the $100 range for the card, and if I absolutely 10000% need a new PSU, then about the same for that, if not cheaper. I know I need a single slot card, and something that would be able to handle 2 (DVI) monitors in the future (and something super easy to install because I can't afford to pay someone to do this after buying the stuff lmao).

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

For high settings you'll need quite good video card and also replace PSU.

Because video card prices are very high right now, only wise option is to wait until prices lower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users