Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maaz1748

Maaz1748

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:47 AM

Hi there!I have been going through an issue which has been really annoying.So I have this tablet which runs Windows 7 and came with one of those attachable keyboards with a hard drive connected to the keyboard and an SSD with the tablet.There only USB ports are on the keyboard.So I got this tablet and it had Windows 10 Education Edition Installed.The specs of the Tablet are 4 GB RAM and a 0.80 Ghz processor.The tablet started to lack in performance so I decided to install Windows 7 on it.So I make my USB bootable with rufus using MBR for UEFI and BIOS with NTFS .I booted my tablet and changed the USB priority from bios.As soon as I saved changed and pressed exit it got stuck on a little white dash on the top left.I closed and did it again and it still didn't work.I then tried to change the configuration of the bootable USB with a GPT confit with FAT32 And then it gave me an error that it could not load boot file \Boot and the error code 0xc000000d.Also I can't even reset the damn thing cause it says changes could not be made.I can't factory reset either.The tablet is from a local company so I doubt I'll get much help from them.Thank you

Just for reference it's a Haier Tablet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

tried to change the configuration of the bootable USB with a GPT confit

This was using a GPT partition scheme in Rufus, correct? That is what you want.

I believe you got the boot error because SecureBoot in UEFI is enabled. See if you can disable SecureBoot. Some tablets may not be able to have SecureBoot disabled. 

Edit: Finding the appropriate drivers for Windows 7 may be problematic. How big is the SSD on the computer? The SSD holds the OS and the hard drive is for data? What is the model number of the Haier?

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 February 2018 - 08:46 AM.

#3 Maaz1748

Maaz1748
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

tried to change the configuration of the bootable USB with a GPT confit

This was using a GPT partition scheme in Rufus, correct? That is what you want.

I believe you got the boot error because SecureBoot in UEFI is enabled. See if you can disable SecureBoot. Some tablets may not be able to have SecureBoot disabled. 

Edit: Finding the appropriate drivers for Windows 7 may be problematic. How big is the SSD on the computer? The SSD holds the OS and the hard drive is for data? What is the model number of the Haier?

Ok so the SSD is 30 GB and the HDD is 500 GB
I don't know the exact version of my model because i don't have its box but I would say Y11B

I'm gonna redo the whole process with GPT Fat32 and secure boot disabled and then update you.Hopefully this works!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,581 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

Here is your support page. As you can see the only drivers available are for Windows 8 and 10.

http://www.haier.com/pk/products/pc/Tablet_PC/y11b.shtml

You do have the option to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. This may be a better option then attempting to install Windows 7.

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 February 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#5 Maaz1748

Maaz1748
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Here is your support page. As you can see the only drivers available are for Windows 8 and 10.

http://www.haier.com/pk/products/pc/Tablet_PC/y11b.shtml

You do have the option to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. This may be a better option then attempting to install Windows 7.

I'm gonna try installing Windows 8 then as for the Windows 7 problem it still isn't fixed.i get the error in the image I gave.Will this also happen if I install Windows 8??

https://i.imgur.com/eocoWVR.jpg

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,581 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:40 AM

Sorry for the  late reply. That error indicates that the computer booted directly to the the hard drive and not your USB. In your UEFI settings look for something called Quickboot or Fastboot. That should be disabled. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users