Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Professional Will Not Boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GeorgiaGirl47

GeorgiaGirl47

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

Ok, I've been up all night trying to fix this and nothing seems to work. Last night, I was trying to start AOL from my desktop icon and my computer froze up, so I restarted it and it went through like it was getting ready to let me log onto Windows and instead I get the blue fatal error screen and it says this:

Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000, 0x0000000 The system has been shut down.

I have no idea where to even begin, I tried Chkdsk /r and it said it fixed everything it could find wrong, but it still doesn't work. Then I tried this bootcfg /rebuild, and the only thing that changed is when I start up the computer, it ask me what version of Windows XP Pro I want to use and none of them work. I guess I also need to delete the two others I created? Anyway, that's pretty much all I've done...over and over.

Anything else I can try? If you need more info let me know, I'm not sure how much I can give you but I'll try, I'm desperate. Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

Start your computer in safe mode with command prompt
(to start in safe mode reboot your computer and start tapping the F8 key before Windows begins - choose safe mode with command prompt)

Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state. (choose a date from before the problem began)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users