Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display ports not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rehpic

rehpic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:13 AM

Hello,

So i just bought 3 new monitors, The idea is to use them with DP to HDMI as well as my two main monitors, One being HDMI and the other DVI.

The issue i am having is my DP monitors are not getting a signal, In display settings and in my video card settings i can see the monitors ARE recognized but i cant identify them in display settings.
I am able to reorder the windows in display setting but thats it, No picture.

When i plug even on DP monitor in my 2nd monitor blacks out loosing the background along with any and all icons i had on the window, My main HDMI also blacks out but retains the icons...
I thought the screen on my 2nd was turning off or having the same no signal issues until i saw my mouse courser moving along the blacked out screen.

I have absolutely no idea what to do.
I have tried resetting with all DP in, No DPs in and only adding them after boot up.. No luck

I even tried resetting my power plan to high as i read someone else had an issue like this and with the balanced PP DPs were turned off but that did not do anything for me....

Any suggestions??

The monitors im having the issue with are
3 - BenQ GL2460HM 24" 2ms(GTG) 60Hz 1080p
My OS is win 10 x64
Video card - RX 480 8GB

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Purelaise

Purelaise

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:29 AM

Hi there,

Are you using a Graphics card? What brand/model if so?

Also have you tried using the Windows Key + P and seeing what the options available are in there?

Thanks

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 rehpic

rehpic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Sorry guys, Turns out im a moron.
All i needed to do was change the input in the monitor settings to HDMI.
I never needed to do that with any other monitor before so the thought to do that never crossed my mind.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue.  :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users