Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profiles problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MacMcBee

MacMcBee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

Hello Everybody,

I have two users both using Firefox.

The profiles (history, favorites bar, favorites menu, downloads location and history6, etc...) are different.

How can I make them both the same?

My goal is to save a document with user1 and switch to user2 and have that document show up in User2's documents. 

Same with downloads.

If this more a Windows 10 issue rather than a Firefox issue then I would still like to know:

If I am surfing with user1 and switch to user2.  I want the browski4ng history to show up in user2's history.

TIA Mac McBee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Hi, this site has six pages it is by far the best tutorial you will find on this subject:-

https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2453566

#3 Purelaise

Purelaise

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

Hello Everybody,

I have two users both using Firefox.

The profiles (history, favorites bar, favorites menu, downloads location and history6, etc...) are different.

How can I make them both the same?

My goal is to save a document with user1 and switch to user2 and have that document show up in User2's documents. 

Same with downloads.

If this more a Windows 10 issue rather than a Firefox issue then I would still like to know:

If I am surfing with user1 and switch to user2.  I want the browski4ng history to show up in user2's history.

TIA Mac McBee

Hi there,

Are you able to clarify, are you talking about just Firefox? If so. You could just create a free Firefox account and sign in on both profiles, all history etc will be synced from who ever last accessed Firefox. Always backup first before doing anything!

In relation to documents, you could create a new share in the root of the user's folder "C:\Users\Shared Docs" do the same for Downloads "C:\Users\Shared Downloads". Give both users full access to the folder under the security tab.

In the user profiles, you can then change your document library location and point it at the new shared folder. Doing the same for both accounts. You could do the same for Downloads.

In this scenario you would be able to access the same docs and downloads from each account. This probably isn't ideal as you are leaving both users Docs/Downloads open to the PC and most likely it wont be recommended.

Of course before you do ANYTHING always take a BACKUP of your machine/docs/etc etc to make sure you do not lose any information.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users