Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

time our error on websites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Howardtheduck316

Howardtheduck316

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

I have 2 websites that some computers can access and some can't on my network. There seems to be no pattern I can find. Below is the error I get. It seems like a lot of people are having this problem, but the usual ways to fix it are not working. Any ideas?

This site can’t be reached

www.statewidetire.com took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

www.statewidetire.com/

my.webrootanywhere.com 

I have tired  a few things already. 

-clearing cache and temp files

-flushing the DNS

-setting the DNS to manual

-used both chrome and IE

-turning off all antivirus progrmas

-stopping windows firewall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Have you checked for adware/malware?

Worth a look:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-dont-load-troubleshoot-and-fix-errors .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#3 Howardtheduck316

Howardtheduck316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

yes, I have run

-webroot

-marewarebytes

-adwcleaner

-and combofix

I was pretty sure this is what caused it. but have come up empty. I did notice since my post that my host folder is not correct. C/windows/system32/driver/ect/host is almost blank. only 127.0.0.1       localhost is in there. 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

How many computers are running on this network, how many of these are experiencing this problem?

What browser are the computers running that have been unable to reach these websites?

If this problem is only occurring with some of the computers you will need to solve the problem for one of these and try applying the fix to the other problematic computers.

Try resetting you IP connection.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png  and the R key to open the Run box.

Copy and paste cmd in the Run box, then click/tap of OK

Copy and paste the commands below one at a time and pressing Enter after each command is pasted in.  After the first command you may be asked to restart the computer, ignore it and go on to the second command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer. and the R key to open the Run box.

Copy and paste cmd in the Run box, then click/tap of OK

Copy and paste the commands below one at a time and pressing Enter after each command is pasted in.  After the first command you may be asked to restart the computer, ignore it and go on to the second command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.

After you have done this please download and run Farbar Service Scanner.

Please download and install Farbar Service Scanner.  The download will begin immediately after clicking on the link.

When FSS opens you will see an image like the one below.  

ki5z3eX.png

Place checks in all of the boxes and then click on Scan.

When the Scan is complete a log similar to the one below will open.  Copy and then paste this in your topic.

ANXyIjJ.png

The following is from a topic posted by quietman7 who is our local security expert and one of our Global Moderators.  Here is his suggestion regarding running Combofix.

Please DO NOT USE COMBOFIX on your own without supervision!!!

We ask that you obey the warnings about using this tool. Why? The warnings are given for a reason and one of them is to inform our members about the consequences that may occur when using ComboFix in an unsupervised environment. Yes, ComboFix is an excellent but powerful tool. I liken it to Acetaminophen (Tylenol). Used correctly, the drug will help with your aches and pains. Used incorrectly, it can destroy your liver and eventually kill you. The same scenario applies to ComboFix. Used in untrained hands this tool can disable your computer and in some cases can make it unbootable.

Edited by dc3, 17 February 2018 - 12:18 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users