Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unresponsive touch screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 signofzeta

signofzeta

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

I was playing a game on my LG G3 android phone, and after playing an advertisement, my LG G3 touch screen was unresponsive, so I couldn't restart or power off the phone.  I had to resort to pulling the battery out while the phone was still on.

Now every time I try to use my LG G3, the screen is responsive, but after a while of use, it become unresponsive.  The phone becomes responsive again if I wait.  After using it for a while, the phone becomes unresponsive again. The double tap to wake up my phone does not work.  The screen does rotate, but whenever I touch the screen, nothing happens.

The screen works in safe mode.

I already took out the battery, waited a few minutes and put it back in.

Antivirus didn't seem to find anything.

Every time I press the power button, usually, the phone screen goes black.  Now, it dims, then goes black.

Is there a way to find which app is causing my screen to become unresponsive?  I haven't installed any new apps.  This all started when I tried to sync my files from my LG G3 to my LG G6.  I prefer not to use my newer phone until the developer of the game I am playing allows me to transfer all the coins from the game from my old phone to new phone.

The phone would also sometimes be stuck on the LG screen.  It first says android near the bottom, then it does some animation and then the android logo is gone, like it should be.  My phone would be stuck at that LG screen without the android logo after the animation.  To fix it, I had to remove the battery.  Sometimes it does this, and sometimes it boots properly.

I wouldn't say the phone is frozen.  As I said, when I rotate my phone, the screen rotates with it.  The power and volume buttons also work.  The only thing that does not work is the screen itself.  Touching the screen does nothing.

Update:  Screen not responding to input commands even in safe mode.

Edited by signofzeta, 15 February 2018 - 06:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

That game isn't running in the background is it? Have you tried uninstalling it - the game that has this ad? Sounds to me like that app is still managing to affect your screen even when it's stopped/running in the background. 

Next step would likely be a factory reset to rule out hardware. Slowly start reinstalling your apps to find the culprit.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#3 signofzeta

signofzeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:09 AM

I uninstalled the game.  I did not install anything before this problem happened.

I stopped using my phone for 8 to 12 hours, and it started working again.

I went to charge it, and the same problem happened again.

This problem also seems to happen when I am running a game of any kind.

I prefer not to do a factory reset as it deletes the progress from the game I am playing, and the game does not have a feature to transfer the progress in the game.

The touch screen stops working when I use it for a while, and it starts working again if I don't use it.

#4 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

Sorry to say it, but at this point, a factory reset is the last option. If I were you Id start using the new phone, and keep the second one handy to play this game.

I should add that if after a factory reset the problem persists: that would mean its a hardware issue and the digitizer is going bad. Im convinced its software and the reset will fix it though.

Good luck.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users