Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Remove My Information

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DeanM

DeanM

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

Please remove all my information on your site, I did a google search of my name
and my full name and all of my computer information is coming up on your site!
It has been a week since I asked that this info be removed and it is still coming up.
For my safety can you please remove my topics/questions/ect. and tell me how I can go into
my system and remove my full name so this never happens again.
Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:04 AM

Hi Dean!

I've PM'd a moderator to take a look at your post.

FWIW - never, ever post your real name, address, etc on the web. There's just too durned many weirdo's out there that will use it for their own purposes.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 DeanM

DeanM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

my real name is listed on my computer as the owner...it came up when I did the hijack scan
I'd like to remove it from my computer as well if someone could help me find out how to do that.
Could you please let me know when all my posts are deleted from your site? thank you!!

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,572 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:11 PM

The posts will not be deleted, but we have already removed all personal information (first/lastname combo) from the logs. If you can tell me what logs still have that info I will edit it out.

If they are showing up in the google cache you will just have to be patient. I have no control over that.

#5 DeanM

DeanM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

They are showing up on my hijack logs on Jan 7 2006, 04:32 PM
thanks for attending to this for me

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,572 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:49 PM

PM me the exact link and information that needs to be removed. All i saw before was your first name which is not a big deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users