Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard or Trackpad Driver Issues?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ezpkns34

ezpkns34

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

So this morning, my keyboard started acting like the Windows Key was stuck (it wasn't physically stuck), but I couldn't type. Any key I pressed acted as though it was pressed while holding down the Windows Key as well (for instance: pressing the Down Arrow made the active program minimize)

I looked online (via my phone, since I coudn't type) and discovered that I should either update drivers (it said my drivers are up to date on both my keyboard & trackpad) or go into Control Panel and Troubleshoot, which suggested I restart my computer to fix it

I restarted (and updated) and the Windows Key no longer acted like it was stuck. However, now I'm stuck with my trackpad randomly acting like I double click something instead of single clicking. It sounds small, but is SUPER annoying

Anyway, I troubleshot again and again restarted my laptop (and updated again, for whatever reason). However, it's still acting like I'm double clicking half the time I click something

I have no clue what else to do. One site suggested going into Device Manager and uninstalling my trackpad and then restarting. Is that the next course of action? I don't know how to restart without the trackpad, just hold down the power button until the laptop turns off? Any other course of action?

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users